Sunday, April 4, 2010

"The first time I saw your face"


My mother-in-law, Sean and I all went to visit Baby to Be Images in Annapolis for a 3D/4D sonogram yesterday. I was so excited to get another peak at my little boy. Technology has come so far. I have seen these photos before and you can definitely make out the parts a bit clearer than the black and white sonograms. Some of images come out looking really freaky though. There were definitely moments, like when he pushed his hand right up to where we were grabbing the shot from and you could see his fingers as clear as if he had a hold of your finger, or when he was gulping the fluids down and you could see his lips purse. Those shots were clear as day. There was even a sweet little shot of of him crossing his hands. The face shots, are hit or miss. I loved breaking down the view and seeing his little lashes, staring at his lips to see if they were mine or Sean's. There was even a long debate over whether his nose is shaping up to be like mine, Sean's, or Bubbie's (Sean's grandmother). But in different views it could go different ways. I guess this helps to preserve some of the surprise factor in the first true meeting at birth.

I am not sure why I feel like these should look like photos from within. I am anxious to see if he has his Dad's hair-the brown color and the texture. I wonder what color his eyes are and whose ears he has. When at look at these 3D ultrasound pictures I can't help but to picture the Matrix. For now it will just provide me that fix and gave me a little something to smile at today as I got a clearer image than before, and left some things to anticipate when I really see his face for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment